Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970 LastLast

Thread: Computers: The Technical Thread [!OT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll try getting the game to work myself tomorrow. It's been a long time since I did it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, yes. Codec packs are known to cause a horde of problems, I wouldn't recommend them. If you have trouble with codecs, I suggest you uninstall absolutely everything related to video playback, including all versions of Windows Media Player crap, Real Player crap, QuickTime crap, and all codecs you ever had, especially DivX and XviD, then install just the following: FFDShow, Windows Media codecs for versions 8 and 9 (the codecs, not the player), OGG Vorbis and OGM filter, Media Player Classic, Real Alternative, QuickTime Alternative, and you're set. Then if some vid doesn't work, see what codecs is it using with GSpot, and install them manually, or, if it's a WMV/ASX file trying to use digital rights infringement, then delete it from your hard disk as it's not worth shit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I got it working. Maybe you hadn't installed the Kana Uncensor Patch, this might be important if you want to play from a CD image or similar. Here are the steps to run Kana ~Imouto~:

0. Uninstall any previous versions, delete directories, etc.
    1. Mount the Kana ~Imouto~ image with A120% (you should have 1 virtual drive enabled in options).
    2. Open your newly mounted virtual drive, and run KANAUST.EXE if it doesn't autorun.
    3. If it still says it's installed (you see an Uninstall button), uninstall it, then restart KANAUST.EXE.
    4. Click Execute, and OK. Select the destination folder, then click Execute, and wait for the installation to finish.
    5. Don't click Execute, close the installer instead.
    6. Install the Kana Uncensor Patch.
    7. Run Kana. It might say something about failing to load sound files if you ripped the voices from your original CD to save space or something, ignore it. The game works otherwise.
    8. If you get no audio CD, try running the game with the original CD-ROM (or backup CD-ROM) in your earliest drive (i.e. if you have CD drives D and E, use D).

BTW, can you estimate how long it would take to do the whole game with a guide?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can you gmail me the uncensor patch?

About 2 hours, probably.

Edit:

Thanks!

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ September 24, 2005 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Done

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the codec packs are useful sometimes, mostly if you know how to control them (and the codec pack has a program to control them P^^U) Still i don't get how are they related

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT Melfice: Grandia 2 tried to initialize its FMV and the codec did something unexpected, like returning an error, probably because it's the wrong/buggy version.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mmm.. not really, the videos were playing right (the only two you see when it starts) you see the "press action button" screen, and when i tried to load a game, it failed. There was no movie involved, really. but that is now just a past question, now, it works fine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BTW, just before anybody wonders, the upcoming MSIE7 is another piece of crap, don't bother with it, and stick to Mozilla/Firefox/Opera. MSIE is the same old crap with new bugs/features, the same broken CSS renderizer, the same lack of standards compilance, and the same insecure model. Boycott it.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm only downloading the new Mozilla updates, no other browser interests me. If you have used Mozilla once, you can't get back to IE no matter what number is after it.